17 Leprechaun Pranks for St. Patrick's Day
For the last several years, we've had a peculiar visitor to our house on the eve of St. Patrick's Day. A tiny leprechaun pranks us with his mischief but always leaves a few treats behind for good luck.
As a young mom, I knew that we'd have visits from Santa and the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. But I was surprised when my kindergartener's classroom was turned upside down from a leprechaun! She had worked with her classmates to create traps from recycled materials to catch the little guy. They came up empty handed.
Don't make the mistake I made of thinking the leprechaun only visits schools! If the leprechaun needs to make a visit to your home, here are 17 pranks he might play:
1. Turning the toilet water green. This one seems to happen a lot and always brings on a bad case of the giggles.
2. Making plants and bushes bloom marshmallows. You'll see he often borrows from April Fool's Day pranks. :) Take a look at Jodi's idea over at Meaningful Mama.
3. Turning furniture upside down. We've seen this one on a smaller scale with dining and desk chairs but some leprechauns go big and turn over couches or shelves.
4. Leaving various objects in the shape of a shamrock. We've had all of our shoes arranged in a big clover, but also watch out for utensils, straws, crayons, and more.
5. Adding googly eyes to everything on your child's breakfast plate/bowl. This meal is really well done.
6. Sometimes leprechauns leave behind green droppings.
7. Messaging on the smallest of papers.
8. Turning the milk for cereal green.
9. Rainbows are a go-to for leprechauns. We've had some colorful fruit plates, and this jello would be perfect, too.
10. Beware, they often leave a lot of these green footprints around your house.
11. Replacing light bulbs with green bulbs so that the early morning action of turning on the lights feels totally different.
12. Writing taunting messages on chalkboards, whiteboards, or right on your floor.
13. Crafting these adorable leprechaun images with your photos and paper plates.
14. Rocking the party with a bucket of these golden nuggets that might be more like painted rocks.
15. Planting this rainbow scavenger hunt all over your house. These free and fantastic printables might make your want to do this all year round.
16. Gifting with these special golden treat boxes filled with favorite rainbow candy.
17. The best leprechauns leave behind a bit of their treasure, and we always have a share of the pot of gold hidden somewhere in our house. Chocolate gold coins for everyone!
Hoping you've kissed a bit of the blarney stone this year, and you receive some of these silly pranks at your house! Happy St. Patrick's Day.