Hey lovelies! Valentine's Day is but a week away, and we are stamping, sticking, and stuffing some gorgeous classroom valentines from Minted at our house. Check back next week for a super cute bag we'll be making to tote all the love notes!
Have I mentioned that I'm a classroom mom? I have resisted and avoided for five years until this year, my oldest daughter's teacher asked me (!) to be the stewardship parent. And I said, only if my husband and I can do it together. So we are. We are the parents for the class which means we get to organize their service projects (which is really why I jumped in) and plan their parties (which is really why I ran away at any notion of assisting in the past).
The third graders will have a simple yet fun-filled celebration of friendship and love, rotating from center to center. I've been scouring the interwebs and pinboards to find crafts that are hip enough for this tween age and easy enough to accomplish in 15 minutes.
Here are my top five picks for a Rad Classroom Valentines:
1. Paper heart chain: Easy supplies, great results. Make one for your doorway even if you don't have kids!
2. Orgami hug: Two hand prints and an accordion fold and kids can declare their love.
3. Arrows through my heart: Free printable for these beauties. And don't forget about the red velvet.
4. Chocolate covered strawberries: Slice, coat, drizzle. Repeat. And save some for the class.
5. Awesome sauce!: Love this simple addition to store bought sauce.
Any fabulous ideas you want to share?